This is a blog of my Katimavik experience between November 2005 and August 2006 while I live and work for 3 months in each of the following places: Alfred, ON; Shawinigan, QC; Stephenville, NF.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Welcome


Hello and welcome to my blog. I've decided that I want to do a better job at keeping everyone updated as to what I'm doing here at Katimavik and figured that a blog was the best way to do so.

It kinda pains me to make a blog, but since I don't have the resources or time here to keep a site of my own up to date, this is the best alternative.

I hope you enjoy it.

We're currently enjoying our stay in the quaint (read: tiny) town of Alfred, Ontario. As we're about to enter our last week here unfortunately this blog won't include much from our first trimester however I may if we have a particularily boring week in Shawiningan write about some of the things we've done here.

Photo is of me next to the welcome to Alfred sign only a short walk from our house. It was taken during a French activity that had us finding locations in Alfred (from French instructions), and taking photos at each location. P.S. It was bloody cold that day and I got frostbitten pretty badly.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Darlene! Keeping in touch :) Something I should work on also, maybe someday :p I just want to say that I love the coat you're wearing in the pic - I want one! :p

11:09 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks good Darlene! I'm looking forward to checking your blog regularly.
Mom

7:04 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you told Beverley yesterday that no one had left you any commnets... I forgot that I had so I was surprised to see that I had already left you a brief comment :)

I see you are wearing your hat :)

7:22 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home