This is a blog of my Katimavik experience between November 2005 and August 2006 while I live and work for 3 months in each of the following places: Alfred, ON; Shawinigan, QC; Stephenville, NF.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Cluster Day


The Sunday before Billeting we invited the cluster to our house for a hike (or rather a walk on a well established trail, hikes need land excursion forms), and a fire down on the beach. The Deer Lake group arrived on time, as expected, and although we expected the Corner Brook group to be late, we didn't expect them to be an hour late. It cut into our hike time a bit, but we still made it farther then we had on our previous trip to the Gravel's hiking spot, due to the fast pace lead by me, Tamara, Devon and Phillipe.

It turned out to be a perfect day for our outing, and I miraculously managed not to get burned (I think I'm finally getting this sunscreen thing).

At the end of our hike we returned the house where the groups prepared their own meals. My group had a delicious vegetarian chili prepared by...me of course, and a raspberry jam bar dessert, that I believe a lot of the other groups got into as well.

After dinner we went out to the beach to have a fire....and were hit by a huge Tsunami...jk...

anyway, we had a fire, cooked smores, some people had romantic walks on the beach, and the evening was cut short by Deer Lake having a nearly 2 hour drive back. Corner Brook left shortly after, and the day ended.

Photo: Our cluster on the boat that is at the begining of the Gravel's trail. Can you pick out me?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tsunami? Hey! I'm the one who is expecting a tsunami!
but I am glad your having fun, I wish I could be there. that chili sounds delightfull, much better than the proccesed garbage I'm usually left with :( Oh well, life continues!

6:48 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home