This is a blog of my Katimavik experience between November 2005 and August 2006 while I live and work for 3 months in each of the following places: Alfred, ON; Shawinigan, QC; Stephenville, NF.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Welcome to Italy

So I'm house manager again this week. Yes, yes I WAS just house manager just before we left Alfred. I'm also on the Cultural Discoveries committee while we're in Shawinigan and for it we decided to have a theme meal each week and the house managers for that week would have to make one meal from a specific country. This week is Italian cuisine and since this is the first week it's starting and I'm on the committee who came up with the idea I wanted to set a good example. So instead of doing a theme meal, we're doing a theme week. Every meal we're cooking (with the exception of 2 breakfasts) are Italian.

The Menu:

Monday: Penne Pasta
Tuesday: Baked Zita
Wednesday: Stracciatella and Caponata
Thursday: Healthy Whole Wheat Pizza (that's the name I swear)
Friday: Lasagna Magro
Saturday: Gazbacho (Andy's idea not mine, cold soup is not for cold winters)
Sunday: Chicken Cacciatore

We've already done Monday and it was tasty although a little runny, and the rest of the week looks good :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't gazpacho Spanish?

10:37 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home